Your Dollars Make a Difference
Every Dollar Makes a Difference!
$1 a week buys . . .
- 12 elementary school students with trained volunteer tutors to help with reading and math.
- 10 children with bilingual beginning-to-read books to build early literacy skills
- Three 30-minute appointments for health assessment and counseling for individuals facing physical, developmental or mental health challenges.
- 1 acre of unprotected tropical rainforest which assures protection of the natural areas vital to our climate and diverse species.
- 1 hour of expert training for a citizen's group interested in preserving natural areas in their communities
. . . thatís $52 a year.
$5 a week buys . . .
- Two months of meals for a homebound person.
- Five wigs for children with cancer undergoing chemotherapy.
- Two nights of shelter for a troubled or neglected youth.
- After school care (food, health, recreation, and homework help) for one child for a year.
- Clothing, shoes and a winter coat for one individual who has lost everything in a home fire.
- Temporary shelter for a family of four for three nights following a disaster, or shelter for 10 people for one night.
- Three bowling trips for seniors.
- Gas or power service for an elderly or disabled person who has been threatened with a utilities termination notice.
. . . thatís $260 a year.
$10 a week buys . . .
- Two days of care for a terminally ill individual.
- Baby formula for 52 low-income infants (one each week).
- A full year of scouting for two girls.
- Five and a half weeks of work training.
- One month of preschool for a child at risk of falling through the cracks.
- Funding for daily radio legislative updates, during the legislative session and monthly for interim committees.
- Lightweight wheelchair for a person who is physically challenged.
- Posters and other educational materials to inform national park visitors about steps they can take to help prevent increased air pollution in their parks
- Allows five people being treated for mental illness to attend recovery classes that provide education, peer support, and healing strategies.
. . . thatís $520 a year.
Thank you for your generous support!